2.18.2010

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...

So I'll admit I went M.I.A. in blogland right before Valentine's day but I'm back. I went to South Dakota last weekend to be with Jacob and I had been telling him not to get me anything for Valentine's Day, that it was enough to be with him, and he should save his money for things like text books and other responsible college things. After much pleading he finally agreed not to get me anything. Part of me had a sneaking suspicion that he was going to get me something anyways. However, when I got to his house he had me pretty convinced that he did keep his word and did not buy me a Valentine's gift. So when Sunday rolled around I went out to my car and grabbed the gift that I got him (a book about fly fishing, since he is dying to try fly fishing) and after he opened it he said, "This makes me feel bad that I didn't get you anything for Valentine's Day" and I told him that it was fine because that's what I wanted. Then Jacob got up walked over to his closet and pulled out a wrapped gift and a card. I was really confused and when I opened the card it all became clear... he did keep his word by not getting me a Valentine's Day gift, instead he got me a Chinese New Year gift (since the Chinese New Year was also on Valentine's Day). And being the clever man that he is, he altered the card (see picture above) to make it into a Chinese New Year gift. After laughing for a good five minutes and telling him that that was a pretty tricky move I opened the gift to reveal a box of delicious chocolates which I could not stop eating and almost didn't make it home with me (I think there were maybe 4 left in the box by the time I made it home). And since the weather was not the greatest we just decided to spend the day inside where it was warm and cozy and watched some movies. So how about you? How did you spend your Valentine's day?

1 comment:

Becca said...

Ha! That's pretty good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...