3.22.2010

Confessions {Part 3}

I have seen "On Golden Pond" probably a thousand times. It's my favorite movie. Usually when I tell people my age about this movie I get a confused look because they've never heard of it. To be honest I don't know when exactly I first fell in love with this movie but it was at a younger age. I have always wanted to own this movie but I could never find a copy. A couple of summers ago when I got my wisdom teeth removed my sister gave me this movie as a get well soon gift and I was elated, even though it hurt to smile.

"On Golden Pond" isn't full of computer animated effects, it doesn't have dramatic action sequences, and it isn't a laugh until your stomach hurts comedy, but I am in love with this movie in every way. A glimpse into the lives of Norman and Ethyl Thayer ("sounds like I'm lisping doesn't it?") as they reside in their summer cabin that's located on Golden Pond. The cinematography is beautiful, the acting is top notch (starring Katherine Hepburn and Henry Fonda) and I love all of the classic lines that come from the elderly couple.

Over the years I've lost count of the number of times that I've watched this movie but I never get tired of hearing Katherine Hepburn call to her friends...the loons or hearing Henry Fonda's pessimistic remarks. If you haven't seen this Academy award winner you most definitely should. It has my vote, time and time again.

1 comment:

Megan Jane said...

"the looooons!"

I think my favorite was watching this movie with Andy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...