12.31.2010

{Heeled}

It's no secret, I'm tall, somewhere around 6 ft. So, naturally the thought of wearing heels and adding to my height is usually not very high on my list of fashion priorities. Instead, I opt for a classy flat. It's not that I don't like heels, I have always wished that I could wear them but anytime I even slip my foot into one I don't even need to try the other one on to know that I have transformed from tall into gigantic; and back to the flats I go. But now I am getting a bit older and I have come to like my height and I no longer hate the fact that I am taller than most of my friends. With this new found attitude I went shoe shopping with my mom and found myself searching for a pair of heels. Nothing too flashy, no stilettos or anything else that I would have trouble walking in. I just wanted a nice pair of (not too tall) everyday heels. Then I found them, these gray flowery beauties were starring me in the face. The heel was just the right height, they were comfortable (gasp!), and best of all I didn't feel like a giant when I stepped into them. So I snagged my first pair of "grown up" heels and I will wear them with confidence even if I am towering over every one.

4 comments:

Megan Jane said...

Once again, this is something I've been telling you for at least 10 years. Those are some super shwank heels my friend!

Becca said...

yes- you just need to go for it with the heels. I do- sometimes it just makes your whole outfit look better. heels always make your calves look better. i do it- every once in awhile sam doesn't like it- but he just has to deal!

Emily Mae said...

I feel your pain Jenny, being tall can sometimes have it's drawbacks! Where did you get those adorable heels? I always am on the look out for heels that won't add so much to my height!!

bethany said...

Wear your height with pride, Jenny! I'm always SO jealous of tall girls...they never fail to look so much more glamourous than me! Although, I'm sure some tall girls feel that way about short girls. The grass is always greener, no? :)

As for the shoes: So cute. Where did you find them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...