1.16.2011

Not My Cup of Tea

Now that I'm back in school and my first week of spring semester is behind me I am diving back into the world of homework. This semester I'm taking a Literature class all about novels and the first novel on the list? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Let me tell you, I have tried to avoid reading this book mainly because I saw the movie and was bored to death by it. However, I am trying to keep an open mind while reading this book because I realize that books are usually better than the movie adaptation. I will admit that it's not quite as terrible as I thought it would be but I still do not find enjoyment in Jane Austen's writing. As I'm reading I keep thinking about how my reaction is much like Tom Hanks' in "You've Got Mail".



Well like it or not I must finish it and I will be glad when I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...