12.30.2008

I'm Hooked

So I have been knitting for a long time now (six years maybe) and crocheting has entered my mind every now and then but I never really had the desire to learn. However lately I have been thinking that it's about time that I learn. So last night with my mom by my side on the couch, I learned how to crochet. I only know the basics so far and I have to be honest I didn't really like the feel of it all (probably because I'm so used to knitting) but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I started a grey, white, and black scarf that has vertical stripes. Hopefully I can get it done during break so that it will keep me warm while walking outside between classes. I'm excited that I finally learned how to crochet because now I have another little hobby with which I can make many different projects. I'm so glad that I have a mom that knows how to do all of this crafty stuff (knitting, crocheting, sewing). She's pretty helpful and sometime I hope to be as skilled as her. After I finish my scarf I want to make this. I think it's adorable. Who knows I might have to start this while I'm working on my scarf because I love it so much. Also my mom recently purchased this book.


I've been wanting to read this book for a long time because I've heard great things about it. I started reading the first chapter and it really made me want to start a big knitting project and take a trip to my favorite little yarn shop in Excelsior and spend some time there picking out some gorgeous yarn. But I promised myself that I have to finish reading my current book 'The Lucky One' by Nicholas Sparks first. Well I think I'm off to work on my crocheted scarf. I hope everyone has a Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that picture of yarn-it reminds me of a crazy birthday cake. Also, who knew that you could crochet necklaces? Not me! But it definitely looks like something you can pull off and I also can't wait to see this scarf! Will I ever know the difference between knitting and crocheting? I don't know! One of my new goals in life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...