6.17.2009

One Crafty Afternoon

Taylor, my mom, and I spent the afternoon sitting around our dining room table working on some art projects. Taylor and my mom made these cute little wooly penguins. They made them by felting wool by hand with a barbed needle. I worked on an oil pastel and colored chalk drawing. I don't usually draw with color so it was a challenge. I'm not super pleased with the results but, I can't expect a masterpiece on my first try {or probably ever for that matter}. It was really nice to just sit down and draw, I haven't done that in a while, I'm feeling pretty crafty lately. I have been knitting quite a bit too. I am hoping to get some various projects done and give them as gifts.


I love these little penguins!



And this is my atttempt at drawing a bird

2 comments:

Becca said...

I like your bird drawing. I sent Taylor an e-mail with some links on animal felting. It's something I have always wanted to try.

Carrie said...

Yay you. I really like the look on that little birdy's face. Nifty texture, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...