5.18.2010

Flowers, Fishing, and A Farewell

A week ago today I was extremely happy and content. Jacob had finally come to my house to visit. It had been quite some time since the last time we had seen each other and some time together was definitely in order.

This past week went by all too quickly, as time often does just when you don't want it to. Since the sky was gray and rainy most of the week we couldn't spend a whole lot of time outdoors so we stayed in and played games, went shopping, saw the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street (Jacob's choice, and on a side note I will say I didn't think I would be scared but I did jump on more than one occasion), and went on a walk in the woods on an overcast (but not rainy) afternoon. I was a little sad though that it didn't brighten up before Thursday because I had two free zoo passes but they expired before the sun came out...oh well.

On Friday when the sun decided to grace us with it's presence we made the most of the gloriously sunny day and went to the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum and had a great time. All of the tulips were still in bloom and there were so many pretty, colorful flowers everywhere.

To round the week out we got our fishing licenses for the season and hit the lakes with fishing poles in hand. No catches to brag about, although Jacob reeled in a nice sized large mouth bass but it slipped off his hook just as he was pulling it out of the water, which is exactly what happened to me when I was reeling in a pike. Better luck next time. I did however manage to get a pretty ugly sunburn even with sunblock.

And now after a fun-filled week, Jacob is gone and it's back to work tomorrow. It's so hard to say goodbye right after getting used to having him around again. Long distance plays with my heart and even after a year of being apart, it doesn't get any easier. So it's time to make myself busy so I don't think about the hurt of being far apart and look forward to the next time we get to see each other.

Here are some pictures I took while we were at the Arboretum.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...