5.24.2011

When the Day is Grey...

Today is a grey and rainy day. Usually I love this type of weather, it's been pretty rainy lately and I'm not one to complain. Today, however I could use a little sunshine. I miss my boyfriend. It's amazing how two weeks spent apart can drag on and on to what seems like months, but two weeks spent together can go by extremely fast and feel like only two days time has passed. After every goodbye it's hard to get used to not having your best friend by your side each day. To try to get my mind off of the heartache I experience after he leaves I decided to start my job hunting, however this only added to my blues. Then I turned to the kitchen, trying to decide what to make for lunch. I usually hate deciding what to make but today buttermilk pancakes (made from scratch) were calling my name. It's a comforting food for me. My mom makes the best buttermilk pancakes and it's one of the best comforts of home to wake up on a Saturday morning to the smell of my mom making breakfast in the kitchen. Even though my mom wasn't making them for me, it was still a comfort to eat a stack of pancakes and laugh along to an old episode of The Office. How about you; do you have any go to comfort foods?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...