7.01.2011

On the Hottest of Days...

Yesterday was a scorcher. Jacob was in town and to start our day we set up my dad's new thermometer (that he got for Father's Day) and when it was all ready to go, I couldn't believe it when I saw it was 98 degrees! Not to mention that it felt like the humidity was 100%. We decided that we wouldn't let the humidity stop us from enjoying the day, so we went frisbee golfing and let me tell you 9 holes later and I was ready to jump into a lake. Instead we tried to beat the heat by giving Jacob's car a good wash, which helped a little.

Then we got ready to go out on a date. Jacob had made dinner reservations and didn't let me in on where we were going. It was nice to get all dressed up and to be surprised by the location of our date.

We ended up here...
I was pleasantly surprised. I had heard about Lola's Lakehouse but had never been. I absolutely loved this place. It's right on Lake Waconia in a quaint, white, wooden building. Inside the decor is simply charming, complete with stone fireplaces and nautical furnishings.

After spending most of the day outside in the heat, we had both worked up quite the appetite. We started by trying some Washington oysters (a first for both of us) I think Jacob liked them better than I did, I liked the tasted but the texture was unusual. Jacob ordered the Peach Pig aSndwich, that was stacked with ham, bacon, cole slaw, cheese and peach slices. And I enjoyed the Shrimp and Lobster Pie, it was delicious. We both had a great time but I'm kicking myself that I didn't take my camera, but you can check out a few pictures of the place on their website.

We ended our night with a walk by the lake. It was so nice to spend some time with Jacob again and I must say he planned a pretty great date. If you are ever near Waconia you should definitely stop by Lola's for a bite, you won't be sorry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...